- On the long term, to bring together two innovative
and user-centred communities that do not currently
interact: Living Labs and designers.
- To foster interactions between academics (ie.
research centres and universities), designers and
the business sectors, especially between the "Four
motors for Europe" to increase European
- To integrate design disciplines into Living Lab
- To create a common language.
- To build a joint vision of user-centred innovation.
- To develop new methodologies thanks to
interdisciplinary approaches (design, technology,
sociology...). Then to tested and improved them via
experimentations with companies, local governments
- To demonstrate the advantages of design and
human-centred approaches in innovation processes
through experimentations with Living Labs. Then to
evaluate outcomes through objective criteria.
- To disseminate best practices to design novices and
raise awareness among politicians and decision
makers from the design world.